Spring Home Maintenance
As the snow melts away and the sun starts shining brighter, it’s time to get your home ready for Spring. The change in season is the perfect opportunity to take care of some home maintenance tasks that will keep your property in top shape throughout the year. Here are some tips for spring home maintenance in southern Alberta:
1. Clean your gutters: During the winter season, your gutters can get clogged with leaves, twigs, and other debris. This can cause water to overflow and damage your roof, walls, and foundation. To prevent this, clean your gutters thoroughly in the spring.
2. Inspect your roof: Harsh winter weather can cause damage to your roof, such as missing shingles or cracks. Inspect your roof for any signs of damage and get them repaired as soon as possible.
3. Check your windows and doors: Check for any gaps or cracks in your windows and doors. This can lead to air leaks and increase your energy bills. Seal any gaps with caulk or weatherstripping to prevent drafts.
4. Test your sprinklers: With the warmer weather, it’s time to start watering your lawn again. Test your sprinklers to make sure they are working properly and adjust the water schedule to ensure your lawn gets the right amount of water.
5. Clean your outdoor spaces: Spring is the perfect time to clean your outdoor spaces, such as your patio and deck. Sweep away any dirt and debris and power wash the surfaces to make them look like new.
6. Inspect your HVAC system: Your HVAC system has been working hard all winter to keep you warm. Inspect your furnace, air conditioner, and ducts to make sure they are working properly. Change your air filter to improve indoor air quality.
By following these spring home maintenance tips, you can keep your home in tip top shape and avoid costly repairs down the road. Don’t forget to take advantage of the nice weather and enjoy your clean and well-maintained home! As always, if you need help with any of these items, we have a list of preferred partners we would love to recommend, don't hesitate to reach out and message us and we'll help you keep your home in great shape!
xoxo The Property Twins